all change

Top of the World, The Carpenters


Anna Valenn, Le Blog

'If I shut my eyes, I could still tell you the detail of any room, and outside, the orchard and the fields and the wood with the stream running through it. I could walk blindfold and still tell you where we were. What I'm trying to say is that this is the same for all of us. This house is inside us and we shall never forget it. I think we're lucky to have somewhere so dear to remember in our hearts.'



All Change (vol. 5/5 of  The Cazalet Chronicles), Elizabeth Jane Howard  - Si vous avez aimé la série Downton Abbey, vous allez adorer la saga de la famille Cazalet, famille bien anglaise, bourgeoise et généreuse et ouverte et unie, qui démarre l'été 1937 (tome 1) et s'achève fin des années 50 (tome 5). C'est récréatif et éducatif, et addictif. 


She turned to Jemima. 'Are you a gardener?'

'Not really. I try to keep our little patch at the back tidy, but I don't seem to have much time for more. Although,' she added, 'I suppose if I loved it I would find the time. It's a bit like people saying they don't have time to read. When, really, they simply don't want to.'