this can happen to anyone (petits secrets, grands mensonges / big little lies)

J'me barre, Keny Arkana

Anna Valenn, Le Blog


‘He will hit you again,’ said Susi. That detached professionalism again. No pity. No judgment. It wasn’t aquestion. She was stating a fact to move the conversation forward. ‘Yes,’ said Celeste. ‘It will happen again. He’ll hit me. I’ll hit him.’ It will rain again. I will get sick again. I will have bad days. But can’t I enjoy the good times while they last? But then why am I here at all? ‘So what I’d like to talk about is coming up with a plan,’ said Susi. She flipped over a page on her clipboard. ‘A plan,’ said Celeste. ‘A plan,’ said Susi. ‘A plan for next time.’



Anna Valenn, Le Blog
Big Little Lies / Petits secrets, grands mensonges,  Liane Moriarty traduction Béatrice Taupeau pour les éditons Albin Michel ; en Livre de Poche   - Un parent d'élève est mort lors de la fête de l'école maternelle de Pirriwee, sur la côte huppée. Petits secrets et grands mensonge est un page-turner, bouquin qui se dévore, dont le sujet de fond est les violences faites aux femmes et leurs conséquences sur les enfants. Il donne quelques clés pour s'en sortir. Adapté en série par OCS, je suis bien curieuse, comment étire-t-on à deux saisons un bouquin de 454 pages ?


“Mrs Lipmann: Look, I’d rather not say anything further. We deserve to be left in peace. A parent is dead. The entire school community is grieving. 

Gabrielle: Hmmm, I wouldn’t say the entire school community is grieving. That might be a stretch.”